Friday, May 28, 2010

Praying God's Word

You would probably agree with me that there is a war going on for our children and grandchildren today. I believe that one way that we're going to win this battle for the hearts of our children is through prayer. But, I don't always know how to pray. For instance, when a grandson is going up to bat during a baseball game, how do I pray? Lord, please let him get a base hit? This is where I have struggled for years. I desire for my children and grandchildren to be successful, to make good grades, and to excel in whatever they're doing. But much anxiety and confusion can come in my prayers if I'm not focused on God's heart and His will for my loved ones.
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5:14-15
How can I pray with confidence knowing that the prayer is God's will and that He will answer? There are so many situations in which we don't know how to pray, but there are countless prayers that are found in God's Word and definitely His will for our children and grandchildren.

As the child gets up to bat, what if the prayer communicated God's Word, Lord, I pray that ___________ would remember that he can do all things through Christ who gives strength. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Does that mean that he'll hit a home run? Win the game? Maybe, or maybe not, but the emphasis is on godly character...that the child might grow in confidence and dependence on the Lord (not confidence in self) and grow in God's strength (not strength in self).

This is what this blog is about. I will send out a prayer guide each week encouraging us to pray God's Word with confidence knowing that God will answer our prayers. Let's fight for our children and grandchildren through prayer. The first blog will focus on child's attitude and how to pray God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment